- In a very large saute pan cook the bacon (chopped before into small pieces) until crispy.
- As you are pouring out the bacon fat, reserve a tablespoon or so of the bacon fat to saute the kale and onion in and put the bacon aside.
- Slice the onion in very thin slivers, and add the garlic cloves sliced thin. Place in the same saute pan as the bacon was cooked in. Saute in a bit of the bacon fat (it is best if uncured ham is used) until clear.
- Toss kale and tomatoes in.
- Toss the bacon back into the saute pan and add the pepper (also sliced thin).
- Once everything is crisp-soft, add the heavy cream, and Parmesan and mix well. Toss with the linguine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- (This would be a great dish to substitute the fresh tomatoes with sun dried tomatoes.)
It was so very good... It would easily serve 8 as a main dish with these proportions, but for us, we ate it tonight and I will keep it for lunches later this week for Don at work. Lucky bugger. ;)