Ever been to Qdoba? Ever had their tiny tacos? The pulled pork ones are especially good, and that is what I get for lunch when I go there. No dairy needed. Just pure goodness.
Last week I set out to recreate my Qdoba experience at home and I think I hit the mark! These tacos have all the flavors I love and none of the stuff I can’t eat. Gotta love that!
Make ahead – red onion salsa:
1 red onion (minced)
1 cup cilantro (minced)
1/4 cup lime juice
heaping 1/2 tea kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients and let sit on the counter for an hour to over night. The longer it sits, the better it is. I had it fresh and Don had it the next day for lunch and it was WAY better the next day. I think the flavors need time to incorporate.
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup cilantro leaves (minced)
3 Tbs lime juice
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 package small corn tortillas
- Mix ground turkey, lime juice, and minced garlic in a bowl until incorporated.
- Brown in a pan on Med heat. After the turkey starts to brown, add cilantro leaves.
- Salt to taste (doesn’t take much).
- Put in corn tortillas and enjoy!